What Can I Do with a Master’s Degree?
Statistics is the No.7 fastest growing field in the United States. A master’s degree in Applied Statistics from Michigan Tech will prepare you for high-demand, high-paying positions in statistics and data science.
Define Your Future
The specialized knowledge gained in an online STEM master’s program will position you for advanced roles in your respective professions. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics identifies technical knowledge and conceptual understanding of industry best practices as strengths of managers and leaders. Professionals with a master’s degree are often responsible for leading projects, managing staff, and working with other departments in their organizations. Below is a list of job titles with a master’s degree may hold and their respective average salary expectations:
- Quality Assurance Director: $113,459
- Research and Development Director: $131,576
- Data Scientist $139,840/yr (Glassdoor)
- Data Analyst $83,878/yr(Glassdoor)
- Statistician $93,589/yr(Glassdoor)
- Biostatistician $104,309/yr(Glassdoor)