Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences
Ph.D. in Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
M.S. in Statistics, Seoul National University
B.S. in Mathematics and B.A. in Economics, Seoul National University
Assistant professor of statistics at Michigan Technological University since 2014.
Statistical Consultant, Illinois Statistics Office, Department of Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2011-2013
Areas of Expertise
Time series analysis and forecasting, Econometrics, Bootstrap and resampling methods.
- Outstanding Faculty Research Award (Junior level), Department of Mathematical Sciences, Michigan Tech, 2018
- ASA Nonparametric Statistics Section Student Paper Awards, JSM, 2013
- IMS Travel Award, 2013
Dr. Roo has co-authored and published several papers for academic journals and is in the process of publishing two more.
Courses taught at MTU
- MA3710 Engineering Statistics
- MA4780/MA5781 Time Series Analysis
- MA5741 Multivariate Statistics
- MA5731 Linear Models